Wild Beauty: Or, the most beautiful, and scary, garden I've ever read about

Wild Beauty - Anna-Marie McLemore

McLemore is one of those rare authors that consistently impresses me with the beauty of her prose. I find myself slowing down and reading her books in small bites, so I can savor the language. The writing in this book matches the cover - the world she has created is bursting with color, both as description and symbolism. The garden of La Pradera comes to life is brilliant detail - you can smell the blossoms, the dirt, and the cooking. Simply put its a feast for the senses captured on the page.

The story itself is about love, both romantic and familial. Populated with queer characters, as unique and lovely as their floral namesakes, this is a story about the bonds that pull us apart or closer together. About family. About young love and infatuation. About loss and heartache. Filled with both elation and tears, this is a story that centers on the heart. If you enjoy magical realism, stories filled with emotion and a rich setting, or just want to read something beautiful, this book is not to be missed.