Kitty Saves the World: Kitty Norville #14, the final book in the series

Kitty Saves the World - Carrie Vaughn

Before I say anything else, I want to thank Carrie Vaughn for gifting us all with such a wonderful series. What a joy it has been having these characters and their adventures in my life. Thank you, Carrie.

This is the last chapter in Kitty's story. If you're interested in reading this book I can only assume you've read the others. (If not then go back and start at the beginning.) With over a dozen books in the series preceding it, this book had a lot of heavy lifting to do in order to close out the story satisfactorily. So did it deliver? In my opinion, absolutely. Old characters from previous books, as well as regulars, assembled in a final climactic battle. The stakes were higher than ever, and the ending did not disappoint. It would have been impossible for Vaughn to address every little thing I would have wished for all in one book, but she gets close. A lot of series peter out by the end, or feel like they lose their way, but Kitty stays cohesive all the way to the end. I'm so thankful this series ended strong and never lost its way.

*slight spoiler*
Now I just have to hold my breath and cross my fingers Vaughn might be inclined to write another book from Cormac's point of view - Low Midnight was amazing, and while I feel content with the end of Kitty's story I'm still hopeful to know what happens with him and Amelia in the future.

(show spoiler)